Monsoon is undoubtedly the season of fun and freshness as it brings a relief from the scorching summers. However, with the changing weather, it is important to change your skin and hair care routine. This is because often, the damp and humid weather associated with the monsoons takes a toll on your skin and hair making it prone to conditions like bacterial infections, flaky itching skin, acne and greasy hair. Many people complain of dull and frizzy hair with hair fall and dandruff becoming regular visitors. By following a regular regime using quality products, you can take care of all these issues and keep your skin and hair clean and fresh during the monsoons:
Cleansing, toning and moisturizing are the three basic rules for proper skin care. But as much as this is regime is popularly advised, it is rarely followed by many. If you are envisioning beautiful, clear and healthy skin as you enjoy the rains, then you must start acting towards it too!
- As monsoon is the season that is full of bacterial and various other infections, keeping the skin clean at all times should be priority.
- By using a quality cleansing product every day, you’ll be able to prevent the multiplication of bacteria on your skin due to the humidity, heat and sweat.
- A good quality cleanser such as the Special Cleansing Gel from Dermalogica, available at Bodycraft Spa & Salon is very important to strip away all the pollutants from your face leaving it fresh and natural.
- Using a toner is extremely vital in order to keep your skin hydrated during this season.
- A good quality toner is required to tighten your skin and maintain the pH balance just after using your cleanser.
- Select an alcohol-free toner for applying it on your skin twice a day to revitalise your skin and make it look healthy.
- Rose water is one of the best natural toners for your skin. You can mix it along with face masks to get maximum benefits from it.
- Light moisturizers works best during the monsoons as they get easily absorbed by the skin.
- Applying well constituted creams such as the Active Moist from Dermalogica will ensure that your skin gets completely hydrated. This oil-free light weight moisturizer is best suited for monsoons as they actively reverse the effects of dry skin.
- Avoid applying heavy lotions or creams so that your face does not feel sticky. Instead, you can use a water or gel-based one instead as it gets easily absorbed in your skin without making it look greasy.
- Night Cream
- A good quality night cream is essential to repair the damage done to your skin during the day.
- The Pure Night overnight treatment moisturizer from our Dermalogica range nourishes and brightens your skin for a much more even skin tone.
Your tresses suffer the most during the rainy season due to the drop in humidity which removes all the nutrients from your hair. Monsoons demand special attention for your hair using quality products.
- Hair Wash
- It is very important to use a mild shampoo and conditioner which gently cleanses your hair without stripping away all the necessary nutrients.
- We have the right products to help you get a clean hair wash, the Sebastian Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner which will gently clean the surface of your scalp and bring out a natural shine. This product is suited for all hair types.
- Hair Serum
- Frizzy hair is quite common and dreaded by most women during the monsoon. A light consistency serum will help the most in such cases. Try the Sebastian Whipped Crème to control the frizz and make your hair manageable again.
- Hair Oiling
- When the humidity tends to strip away all the moisture from your hair, it is necessary to get some deep nourishment for both the scalp and your hair.
- For the best oil treatment you should try the SP Reconstructive Elixir which protects your hair keratin due to its combination of essential oils that restore the moisture back in to your hair. Besides this, a hair spa at our Bodycraft Spa & Salon can also help to deliver shine while quenching dryness and fizziness during the season.
So enjoy the rains without having to fret about your skin or tresses. The monsoon comes just for a short period so make use of the opportunity and go have fun! Leave all your worries behind with these amazing products.