We are all aware of the many damaging effects that UV rays have on our skin, but have you ever thought of what pollution can do to our face and complexion? With high levels of pollution in the world these days, it is not surprising to find that the term “anti-pollution” is the most discussed phrase in the skin care and beauty.
Prolonged exposure to the harmful effects of pollution can have many damaging effects on your skin. In fact, the free radicals of air pollution, combined with UV radiation, can cause dryness, premature aging, skin rashes, eczema and acne. Do you recollect those times when you’re scanning your face in the mirror and notice some light spots or open pores which you invariably ignore? That’s your first wake up sign! Though it is not possible to completely avoid the damages of pollution on the skin, you can definitely reduce the impact to a considerable level with proper skin care. You can also take the help of professionals like Bodycraft Spa & Salon providing a range of skin care treatments, facials and clean-ups to help you alleviate the effects of pollution.
- Don’t skip even a day of skincare! Make sure you cleanse, moisturize and apply sunscreen daily. This will protect you from the harmful sun rays to maintain the radiance and elasticity of the skin. For the maximum protection, wear sunscreen on your face and neck, and take a daily vitamin C supplement.
- Use antioxidant packed products this summer beneath your regular sun cream as an extra protection layering. This is one of the easiest ways to defend your skin from the harmful free radicals of pollution. Using such products will provide extra protection against wrinkling, pigmentation and a loss of firmness. Anti-oxidant serums and moisturisers with a combination of ingredients such as green tea, vitamins C and E under your sunscreen can be most beneficial.
- There is nothing more soothing than a thorough cleanse for clearing up pollution and a gentle anti-oxidant facewash can help you go beyond the realms of an average cleanser to rid your skin of the city grime.
- Since our skin repairs itself at night, it is important to arm it with the right tools. So, a proper night care cream or cleanser with anti-oxidising properties is vital for combating the effects of pollution on your skin.
- You are exactly what you eat, so make sure you adopt a rich diet consisting of nutritious fruits and vegetables. Having lots of salads and greens instead of junk food will help your skin retain that moisture and brightness. It is equally important to hydrate your skin by drinking at least 2-3 litres of water daily. Another option would be to drink herbal teas which act as natural antioxidants for your skin.
Apart from these few do it yourself steps, you should regularly visit professionals who can analyse your skin and suggest the best possible treatment for it. We have a wide array of treatments to lessen the effects of skin damage and enhance the natural glow. To give you a better idea, here are some of our popular treatments to combat environment pollution.
- Caviar Facial - This facial helps to nourish, hydrate and regenerate new skin cells for a glowing skin. It provides texture, firmness and tone to your skin. This facial effectively battles the harmful effects of the sun and pollution.
- Stem Cell Facial - This is especially for damaged and dehydrated skin. It helps to refresh and rejuvenate the skin to restore its glow and elasticity.
- International Gold Facial - This treatment consists of antioxidant elements that completely eliminate free radicals.
- Skin Radiance Facial- This is an excellent treatment to reduce dark spots, acne marks and sunburn. It gives you a uniform complexion and youthful radiance.
At Bodycraft Spa & Salon, we can help you choose the right beauty regime for you to bust the environmental damages on your skin. We have specialists with quality experience who can give you the best advice for skincare as well. So beat the sun and pollution, with some of these amazing daily tips and treatments. Not only will you be experiencing a relaxed state of mind but you will also be relaxing your facial muscles and giving them the pampering that they deserve!